We have a position vacant.
Is this you?
Farm It Forward Peri-Urban Farmer (paid role)
6-12 hours per week, broken up into 4 x 3 hour or 2 x 3 hour shifts initially
determined according to your availability,
then becoming your regular work hours, which must be adhered to each week.
This will be starting as casual employment with a probationary period of 3 months with the potential of turning into a permanent part-time position for the right candidate.
General Duties Include:
maintaining a productive vegetable plot assigned to you (planting, weeding, trellising, pruning, mulching, spreading compost etc)*
harvesting from a number of plots
washing and processing produce
packing and delivering produce
attending our weekly operational meeting
updating and managing ‘inventory’ on our online farmgate store
developing good communication with the resident(s) of your plot (s)
Making social media posts
Running social outreach/volunteer sessions
- Own smart phone
- Own vehicle
- Own computer
- Passion for growing food /social outreach
- Excellent communication skills/punctuality/attention to detail
- Will to learn and openness to always be learning
- Ability to take on feedback from the coordinator and the rest of the team
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to take on/complete tasks assigned by the coordinator
- A passion for social justice, inclusivity, and a will/readiness to help others
Preferred but not essential:
Experience using online platforms such as Trello, Wix, Facebook and Instagram
Some practical experience growing vegetables
Some practical experience building light structures (fences, trellises etc)
Some practical experience/knowledge of social work/eco therapy practises
Some practical knowledge on growing flowers and floristry
If this sounds like you, email a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*You will be provided mentoring, support and guidance through all processes by our team and coordinator and by receiving our comprehensive peri-urban farming handbook.